Nowadays everyone is into felt shoes. These shoes are very comfortable for the feet and are available in different styles meeting every fashion requirement.
Every environmentally-friendly person owns a pair. Durability and sustainability have been great factors in the fashion industry.
Felt shoes are very tough to dirt and moisture but it does require cleaning, no one wants a smelly foot. But everyone has to face confusion regarding how to keep their shoes clean without damaging them.
Here are some of the ways to keep your felt shoes shining and new.
This method works best when the stain is fresh and recently caused.
- Make a mild cleansing solution of water and vinegar for the stain. Use one cup of cold water with one tablespoon vinegar solution.
- Apply the mixture directly to the stain and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Then use a soft-bristled brush on the stains to break down the stains.
- Then rinse with cold water.
- You can also use wipes on the surface as it doesn’t wet the surface much. This makes it possible for it to dry quickly. This can make the job done without any effect on the shoes.
- You can also use a wet rag.
- Spray with a lemon water solution to minimize any kind of foul odor from the shoes.
- This is one great way to spot treat your stains.
Machine wash is another way to remove the stains easily. If not used properly it can also damage the fiber of the shoes.
- First of all, remove the visible dirt using a soft brush or a vacuum cleaner with a small nozzle. This helps minimize stains from being grounded on the surface.
- Set the machine on a gentle cycle, if available set the program on wool or delicate wash.
- Fill the machine with cold water or lukewarm water. Do not add hot water as it can lead to shrinkage of the materials.
- Add mild cleansing soap to the water. Do not use fabric softener rather use a wool soap.
- Run the machine and let it do the job.
- After the washing is done, put on the washed shoes for a few minutes to retain the shape of the shoes. This can make a vast difference in the shape of the shoes after it is dried.
- Do not wring it rather squeeze gently to remove the excess water. Let it air dry in the shade rather than keeping it under the sun directly.
This is the best method as you have control over the whole cleaning process.
- Prepare a mixture of mild detergent in cold water or lukewarm water.
- Submerge the shoes in the mixture and let them sit for around 10 minutes. After being soaked for a time use a soft-bristled brush on the harsh stains and rub gently.
- Drain the stained water and refill and rinse the shoes. Repeat the process until the water runs clear.
- Remove excess water by gently squeezing the water rather than wringing it hard.
- Shape the shoes with your hand or put on the shoes when wet for better results.
- Let it air dry in a shady area rather than keeping it under direct sunlight.
These methods mentioned above can help to keep your felt shoes looking clean and crisp. So rather than wearing dirty shoes continuously, take great care of your shoe for that long-term wear.